[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

derf at sonic.net derf at sonic.net
Wed Jul 2 09:19:07 PDT 2008

> I understand your logic here, but to me cramming 800 pixels into 4.3
> inches, allthough gives a crisper image, that will look better, it
> also makes everything smaller, so you have to practically plant the
> N810 in your face..  Where now we are putting 800 pixels in 7 inches,
> which gives you a larger viewing area, and you no longer have to have
> the unit so close to your face.  It may not look as sharp (really, i
> bet it wont be that bad), but you no longer have to strain to see the
> tiny letters (as much)..  So the N810 may look better, but I think the
> EEE will do better on my aging eyes.

I haven't had any issues with sharpness or clarity unless I crank the font
down super-small on my EEE. I'm able to run xterms with "small" font no
problem; when you first get the EEE running the default sizes for fonts,
etc seem comically large.

Because the screen does not have whatever that newfangled shiny coating
they put on laptops nowadays (is it for using the computer in direct
sunlight or something? I don't know), I haven't had any real eyestrain
problems even when typing ten page term papers, etc.

Derf