[NBLUG/talk] 10 year anniversary Linux thread

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Sat Jun 7 11:28:02 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 05:20:24PM -0700, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> Hi NBLUG,
>
> In honor of our upcoming 10 year anniversary, I thought it would be
> interesting to create a thread where those of us who have been using Linux
> that long and especially anyone who was at NBLUG the first year could
> reminisce a bit about Linux back then, and the group itself back then.

I'm looking forward to writing a reply to this, just as soon as I can cobble
together some time to do so...

But I'd like to mention that the first distro I used (for Nermal) was the
MCC Interim distribution:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MCC_Interim_Linux

Without that distro, I'm not sure how that project would have come
together...

 -Scott