[NBLUG/talk] Sebastopol Downtown WiFi

Christopher Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Thu Mar 13 02:11:07 PDT 2008

I must admit, I'm curious as to what the cons would be for having Sonic
set-up downtown WiFi?  Yes, the city is tacitly "approving" of Sonic.net
(a local business).  Are they the tinfoil hat types?  What's their gripe?

Also on a related note, I've never been able to get a functional set-up
going so that I, as a paying Sonic.net user, have unrestricted
functionality on the net.  The Cisco VPN client is a bear to set-up, or
at least my attempts so far have encountered this.  I run Ubuntu 7.10.
To be far, I haven't tried any time recently, but any general thoughts
or suggestions on that topic?

- Chris