[NBLUG/talk] Odd ssh problem

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Fri Mar 14 12:36:57 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:14:18PM -0700, gandalf at sonic.net wrote:
>  I'm getting confused here. So I thought I'd check in here for a
> second or third opinion.
>  I have a perl process that logs onto an account on a server across
> town via ssh and auth keys. It first uses sftp to transfer a couple
> files and then it sends a single command via ssh to process those
> files. It works pretty well.
>  Today our main DSL line started experiencing problems, so I
> reconfigured the routers to use our backup Broadlink connection while
> Sonic and AT&T figure out what's going on (looks like it may be a line
> fault).
>  In the meantime this little process has broken down and I'm getting
> regular error messages of it's failure. I tried going in to the
> authorized_keys on the remote server and coping the entry and
> assigning it the secondary ip address, but this doesn't seem to work.
>
>  Anyone have any suggestions?

Difficult to say without a specific error message.  I'd try running the
commands that the script does by hand and see where it pukes.  It may be
that it's failing because one side doesn't have the host key for the IP
address of your broadlink account.  You'll probably have to either remove
an entry in .ssh/known_hosts or add a new one (by logging in successfully
and saying, 'Yes' when it asks to store the host key).

-t