[NBLUG/talk] OT: Re: Reminder: Sebastopol Downtown WiFi Meeting Tonight

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 07:32:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Robert P. Thille
<list-nblug-talk at rangat.org> wrote:
> Augie Schwer wrote:
>  > So what happened? I hear Sebastopol is a Wi-Fi Free Zone now.  --Augie
>  What happened is that (almost) everyone who showed up for the meeting
>  was against the Wi-Fi, and so the city council members who were for
>  Wi-Fi but who are also (unfortunately) political creatures did the
>  political thing and voted against the Wi-Fi.

I saw the story hit the AP wire and spread pretty fast on the Tech.
Blogs and local paper:

http://corp.sonic.net/blog/2008/03/23/sebastopol-voids-wi-fi-contract/
http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080324/NEWS/803240351/1033/NEWS&template=kart
http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080324/NEWS/803240314/1033/NEWS&template=kart