[NBLUG/talk] floppy recovery

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Fri May 23 21:18:08 PDT 2008

OK, after all that, I feel quite embarassed...

I was attempting to mount the floppy using /dev/fd0, but it's a USB
floppy drive so I should have been using /dev/sdb (*beats head on
desk*)

After mounting, of the 30 or so files, only 6 had a non-zero size
after copying. Fortunately, one of them was the one I needed. I was
able to copy that file to a directory on my system (which I copied
over by itself before trying everything else as a batch). Oddly, and
"ls -al" shows the proper sizes on all the files. Looks like the
floppy is FUBAR'd.

Thanks for all of your help, and I now have this on hand for future
reference. I know for a fact it will come in handy, especially
mounting dd images with the loopback.