[NBLUG/talk] An uptime figure for a Fedora installation

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Mon Nov 17 13:28:22 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:42:02PM -0800, William Tracy wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Scott Doty <scott at ponzo.net> wrote:
> > p.s. yes, it's a system that does "real work"
>
> What does the box do? If it's a desktop, how often have you had to restart X?
>
> Just curious. :-)

Well, I didn't want to say, for fear that the system's IP address could be
guessed, and my year-old kernel might be vulnerable to some kind of attack...
but that's getting kind of paranoid, so:

It's my primary mail host, where I also run sendmail, procmail, dovecot (for
imap) and occasionally mutt.

And yes, you read that right -- I'm actually using imap now, from multiple
locations, where I used to just ssh into the thing and run mutt.  But now, I
use Thunderbird primarily...

 -Scott