[NBLUG/talk] Speeding up KDE, I'll try anything

Conrad OHO conradoho at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 12:00:21 PDT 2009

Bob,

The last KDE I could tolerate was Kubuntu 8.04 LTS running KDE 3.05.10 which was a bit too unfixably buggy for my long term happiness. All the KDE 4.** versions I've tried so far I've found way too buggy and with inadequate feature sets. So I migrated to Ubuntu 9.04 for a while, but still found it a bit too buggy and difficult to correctly configure.

A couple weeks ago I switched to LinuxMint 7 and find It's a big improvement over all the above, but not completely bug free. Most of my prior complaints with Ubuntu 9.04 have been fixed in Mint, but after several hours of effort, so far have not been able to get telephone modem internet access working.

I notice KDE 4.3 has just been released so we'll see what the distro's do with it soon enough. As for me, I'm going to wait until the reviews are much more solidly golden before trying any more KDE.

Bee Well,
Conrad OHO