[NBLUG/talk] Speeding up KDE, I'll try anything

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Thu Aug 6 14:45:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 02:13:23PM -0700, Ross Thomas wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:56 -0700, "Troy Arnold" <troy at zenux.net> wrote:
> >
> > My hardware handles kde 4 fine, and I'm not one that can handle waiting
> > for my computer to catch up.  I rarely use the menus though ('cause they
> > suck)
>
> Have you tried setting the 'Classic Menu Style' option?
>    (Right click 'K' menu -> 'Switch to Classic Menu Style')

Yes, but thanks for the idea.  The problem is not so much the mechanism of
the menu, but that the organization and naming, ahem, conventions are
about what you'd expect from the bazaar method of organization.

Yeah, the menu is editable but I know what's installed so krunner or
'fro<tab>zen-bubble &' from a terminal works great for me.

And hey, Bill: 3ghz cpu's are only $150 these days!  Too bad that kid
of yours need food and stuff.  My kid just needs electricity.

-t