[NBLUG/talk] Anyone having trouble with mplayer lately?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Aug 7 18:26:17 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 12:39:17PM -0400, Jack Smith wrote:
>    It's started locking up on me while playing an anime.  Anyone having this
>    trouble?

I've had probs recently where it'll start playing, and then stop immediately.
(As though it's paused.)

If I hit space a few times, or left/right to skip around, it usually
picks up, but often not for long.

Possibly related, I have various other apps hang and freeze on exit,
Firefox close (but not actually quit, so when I go to open a new window
it tells me "firefox is still running, but not responding", and I have to
open up a terminal and issue a "killall firefox"), usually after playing
a Flash video (e.g., YouTube).

I'm thinking PulseAudio or someone in there is breaking things pretty
badly. >:^(

-bill!