[NBLUG/talk] [OT] Atari Party in Davis, March 28th

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Feb 6 15:02:19 PST 2009

On Sat. March 28th at the Davis Public Library, I'll be hosting an
'Atari Party'.  Think of it as a tiny, mini, Atari-game-system-oriented
version of California Extreme or Vintage Computer Festival.

I'll be bringing my Atari 8-bit computer (with SD memory card reader!),
Atari 7800 game system, Flasbhack 2 (modern Atari 2600 with built-in games),
Atari Lynx handhelds, an Atari Jaguar, and more!

Free, open to the public.  And will run from 6pm-9pm.
More at: http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/

And to make it vaguely on-topic, the Atari 8-bit computer's OS
had a concept of devices (screen, printer, disk, cassette, modem,
etc.) that's somewhat similar to Un*x's "/dev".
Plus, I grew up with an Atari 8-bit computer, and that
era of systems and games inspire my work on open source games
and the Tux Paint project. :^D

--
-bill!