[NBLUG/talk] Uses for GPGPU?

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:09:22 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Tim Preston <timp at sonic.net> wrote:
> OK. Am I missing something? We are talking about increased processing power
> and utilizing the processors on all devices within a system in parallel to
> accelerate programs that need to crunch lots of code and the only thing
> we're talking about is hacking?

Well, the NSA was one of the early customers for supercomputers ...

My own interests for using GPGPUs are rather closer to their original
intended purpose: Raytraced graphics and physics simulations. :-P

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu
Vice President, Cal Poly Linux Users' Group
http://www.cplug.org

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it."
    -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, frequently mis-attributed to Voltaire