[NBLUG/talk] C64 and Coco

Doug Bierer doug at unlikelysource.com
Wed May 13 12:09:50 PDT 2009

Cut it out you guys!!!  Making me teary eyed with nostalgia.  I actually
had my first commercial programming contract in a TRS-80 ... Model I
(!).  Yikes: that really dates me, doesn't it?

Worked at a Radio Shack computer center for a stint and bought a Color
Computer.  Then went ahead and ordered an extra bank of 8x32K chips,
duly soldered them on top of the other bank piggy-back style, and had me
64K, which was considered the nuts at the time :-0

Later bought a Commodore 64, but after programming in 6809 assembler, it
seemed a step back ... except that the C64 had a complete synthesizer
chip (the SID) built into it ... and Sprites :-)

db