[NBLUG/talk] Commodore nostalgia

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Wed May 13 12:35:21 PDT 2009

Ah, Zork. Admittedly this game was one of my Summertime bordem killers
on the C=64, even though I had never figured out how to save games (had
to start from the beginning each time! Yack! Of course, I was 5 years
old...). Didn't matter though, killing the troll each time provided much
excitement. I remember a bug in the version I had, too..from the
beginning of the game, if you type 'run', it asked "What do you want to
run?" Reply 'me', and it jumped you to the cave. Weird!

This is just too cool: http://thcnet.net/zork/

...And, something that even the original Sierra devs probably would have
never guessed would happen with their creations... multiplayer online
versions of a bunch of their original games!

http://sarien.net/

Cheers,
Jordan