[NBLUG/talk] [Fwd: RE: [Fwd: Re: #se7en -- http://windows7sins.org/]]

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Thu Sep 3 12:58:17 PDT 2009

On 09/03/2009 12:02 PM, Ed Rogers wrote:
> I forwarded this to a friend at hp (marketing guy for servers). Here is
> his take. Just another version of what I was saying before.
> Ed

Alas, if he markets HP servers, he's probably beholden to selling MSFT
licenses as well as HP/UX licenses...

Don't get me wrong, I have a special love for HP/UX (since it was the
first Unix I ever used), but from what I remember, it was fraught with
fail...i don't think there's anything one can do with HP/UX that can't
be done better & easier with Linux.

(   Maybe we can get him to join this conversation on this mailing
list?  It would be interesting to see if they even offer Linux for their
servers...if not, maybe IBM is a better vendor? :)   )

BTW. the world's fastest supercomputer is a Linux cluster running CentOS
w/a little bit of Fedora.  Surely HP recognizes this? :)

  -Scott