[NBLUG/talk] Sound problem with Skype on Ubuntu 9.04

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:31:04 PDT 2009

Honestly, I have not been impressed with the Ubuntu releases after
8.04. PulseAudio screws with my applications, and my X.org
configuration got screwed up. (Everyone I've talked to who had
multi-head set up and then tried to upgrade in place to 8.10 or later
has had to manually fix their config files after the upgrade.) I
haven't even bothered trying 9.04.

I might have to upgrade to Karmic when it comes out for hardware
compatibility reasons (supposedly it will make my webcam finally work)
but I'm seriously considering only using the LTS releases of Ubuntu in
the future. (The next LTS release is supposed to be coming next
April.)

It's a real shame to see a distro going downhill like this. :-(

--
William Tracy
Work: wtracy at cisco.com
Play: afishionado at gmail.com