[NBLUG/talk] Fwd: Ubuntu and WEP?

Emanuel R emanuel at sonic.net
Fri Sep 11 10:06:03 PDT 2009

I have had mixed luck using the GUI to configure my wireless card on a
ThinkPad T60p.
Depending on the Kernel versions, the changes made in the Network
Manager (GUI) didn't always translate into a working connection, even
though the settings I entered were correct.
In other words, on that specific LapTop, the GUI, Network Manager has
not always worked.
Many times I still have to configure the connection through the command
line.

Emanuel