[NBLUG/talk] How to access my home computer remotely

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 08:48:53 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Nat Davis <key88 at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> What kind of access do you need? Just telnet or ssh, or do you need the
> GUI. If you need the gui access check out VNC. Also you probably want to set
> up a dyndns.org account and install the client on your PC so you can
> access the machine by name, since I doubt your external IP address is
> static.

You may not need a static address anyway, since Comcast normally doesn't
change it on you.  Depends on how important access is, if you can put up
with losing it for a day, maybe twice a year.

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.