[NBLUG/talk] Opensource GPS

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Fri Jan 1 14:24:58 PST 2010

I remember reading a while back that there was a project for an open
source GPS, this was a rom you could flash on different GPS's out
there, and they had open source maps.. Anyone have any experience with
this?  My Navigon is getting old, and I don't want to buy maps for it
anymore :) So I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try this
out.. I do remember that when I bought this model I chose it because
it could be hacked to run this open source GPS system..

-Steve