[NBLUG/talk] Wireless networking on Linux, finally revisited

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:19:38 PST 2010

As you can probably tell by how late this response is, I've been
moving forward on this project VERY slowly.

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Tom Duffy <tom at techremedy.net> wrote:
> I have had the best luck with Atheros chipset wireless NICs.  I know
> that Intel based wireless NICs run well also.  Avoid Broadcom.  Even
> though many of them can be made to work in Linux, it's more hassle than
> it's worth.

Thanks.  However, I've found it pretty hard to determine what chipset
a particular wireless NIC uses based on its packaging (or even by
looking at the circuit board), so finding one that I know in advance
uses a particular chipset is proving to be difficult.

Any recommendations for how to find a wireless NIC with a particular
chipset (in this case, Atheros)?

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>