[NBLUG/talk] 32 vs 64 bit netbook

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:44:25 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Robert Hayes <rhayes at silcom.com> wrote:
> One machine is an Atom N280 single core 32 bit, the other an Atom N450 single
> core 64 bit.
>
> Both are limited to a max of 2 GB of RAM.

For most applications, I'm not aware of any advantage to running on a
64-bit processor UNLESS the system has more than 3GB of RAM.  So
unless someone else brings up an issue I'm unaware of, I'd say that
the 64-bit CPU isn't worth it.

However, if you intend to use the netbook away from home on a regular
basis, the extra battery life might be worth paying a little extra...

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>