[NBLUG/talk] mounting & permissions on samba share

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:42:52 PST 2010

Here is the snippet that defines the share on my samba server. Does
yours look similar? Especially note the "writable = yes" setting.

[IntraOS]
path = /backup/shared
comment = Whatever
guest ok = no
available = yes
browseable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes

If you do this and your user/password is set the same user on both
systems, if I recall correctly you should be able to define the mount
in your fstab file.

Sean