[NBLUG/talk] Streaming Web Sites under Linux

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 11:06:53 PDT 2010

I'm using the eLiveCD installation, and all the sites seem to work fine,
except for CW. So the wife is missing Smallville. Most of the protocols
use something flash-based, and even Ubuntu runs them after you enable
the non-free (restricted) options. Also, I haven't tried to install the
Veoh thingy yet.

As soon as I learned all the above, I ditched cable for DSL (saved
$40/mo). Now I watch all my shows directly from the networks. Adverts
are still a problem, but not so bad.

oops, i missed the superbowl. oh well. But the Ads are Nice!

mIke

p.s. I'm using the built-in Intel 915 video, no special cards. Maybe the
image would improve if i did something about that?