[NBLUG/talk] "Ignoring unknown interface eth0=eth0"

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 14:55:06 PDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Travis <isrneonx at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. is the onboard Ethernet device supported by Linux?

I think it uses a RealTek chipset (judging by the output of "lspci").
It works intermittently, and seemed to work flawlessly when it was
new, so I know it's supported.

> 2. if it's connecting to a router have you tried "dhclient eth0"

It is connected to a router, and when it does work it has no problems
making DHCP requests or doing anything else.  When it doesn't work, I
don't think it gets far enough that it could send DHCP requests.

> 3. try a 3com nic card

Hmm...haven't tried that yet, although I don't have a 3Com card handy
to try it with.  Do they tend to be more reliable than RealTek-based
cards?

> 4. try a different port on your router

Already tried that.  No matter which port it connects to, when it
doesn't work it doesn't even register a link.

> 5. maby reset your router...

Tried that a few times previously.  Doesn't seem to make a difference.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>