[NBLUG/talk] rsyslog server

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Thu May 20 18:21:37 PDT 2010

I set up my first rsyslog server to the point where it is receiving
remote logs and sending them to the desired file. My problem is on the
remote Windows PC sending the logs. I installed the Syslog for Windows
software (http://sourceforge.net/projects/syslog-win32/) to test
before I set it up on our 2003 servers.

I can send logs when I run a test command from the Windows command
line. When I reboot I expected to get the events but I am not getting
any. Do any of you know of what I need to do for the Windows system to
send any event logs during shutdown and start up?

My /etc/rsyslog.conf looks like this, otherwise it is a default config file:

$AllowedSender UDP, 127.0.0.1, myIPaddress
+SERVERNAME
*.* /var/log/log-server/logfile

Thank you for your help.

Sean