[NBLUG/talk] Cell Tower Upgrades in Sebastopol - Update

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Dec 7 09:08:43 PST 2011

Sorry I  missed this... Btw has anyone at a council meeting or
otherwise tried to comprehensively debunk the folks worry about EMF and
human health?

It seems to me there's a lot of worrying about wifi and cell radiation
when in fact those are generally use lower wattages than even household
lightbulbs (fluorescents included).  And then there's solar radiation,
which is also significant (and has real, measurable harms, like
sunburns! :).

Sure there are spectrum differences, but most devices generate at least
some noise in other parts of the spectrum; it would be interesting to
quantify things.

I just can't help but feel a lot of the EMF fear is really just fear of
the unknown and/or a desperate attempt to ascribe ills to *something*
(which is much easier to do when that something is not widely
understood).

Jesse