[NBLUG/talk] initramfs error can't find file system

Howard howardas at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 28 13:50:40 PST 2011

  Hopefully this is possible. I have 5GB's of free space before the
first partion on a windows box. So I want to  resize the windows partition
to make use of that space, basically integrate it as part of the partition.

I have booted a couple of different ubuntu disks, and a live gparted disk.

But I keep getting the error:

busybox various versions (initramfs) unable to find a medium containing
a live file system.

The computer is a  Sony Vaio Desktop PCV-RS430G

I've tried running acpi=off, noapic.

And the BIOS has very limiting settings to change.

And Idea on how to boot this thing and run Gparted??

And I don't have the option to boot from USB.

The only thing I can think of is pulling the drive, and partition it from
another machine.

Howard