[NBLUG/talk] Need help in "repairing" the booting of my Linux 4 server

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Mar 21 17:07:49 PDT 2011

Frank -

I ran chroot /mnt/sysimage and then

#grub-install /dev/hda

However, I do not think I have an hda on my Centos 4 server.  My
Linux skill set is limited, and I am trying to find the command
to get the HD devices.  I do know that I am a file system that
maps the drives a little (sorry for such a vague description).
There is a VolGroup00, but I am not sure what that means.

Todd

--
Ariste Software
Petaluma, CA 94952