[NBLUG/talk] Connecting an old USR Sportster to USB

Mike Cohen mike.cohen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:19:43 PST 2013

Hi Folks,

Long time/First time for this mailing list.

I've setup an NFS server for some testing at work, and I'm looking to get
an idea of I/O for the NFS shares.

I'm aware of iostat, and nfsstat, are there any tools that would be
analogous to the windows perforamce monitor type stuff, where I can look at
pretty graphs without too much effort?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of the max iops for this setip.

We'd like to use it  as a backup datastore for our VMware hosts, but want
to make sure that in case of massive disaster they can handle the load we'd
need to place on them.

I've got CentOS 6 hooked up to a couple raid 10 DAS boxes. Its all hardware
thats out of warranty and so we cannot use it in production, but its great
for dr and testing.

Any suggestions for NFS server performance monitoring for dummies,
particularly as a VMware datastore?

Thanks,
Mike