[NBLUG/talk] requesting help with amixer

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:29:52 PST 2013

I use alsamixer myself, but have you tried using amixer set PCM 110% or 90%
repeatedly until it's where you want it?  Or here is the man page
http://linux.die.net/man/1/amixer

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM, jezra <jezra at jezra.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to use amixer to set the audio volume on a Raspberry Pi. If
> I run "amixer set PCM 40%", the volume is adjusted to 40% of the
> current volume value, and when I run "amixer set PCM 40" the volume is
> set to 87. Does anyone have some pointers on using amixer?
>

> Jezra
>
> Web: http://www.jezra.net
> Coffee: http://coffee.jezra.net

Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.