[NBLUG/talk] Sorry about multiple postings!

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 17:39:06 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Mr. Jan Hearthstone
<hearthstone11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry about the multiple postings--every time I sent, Yahoo insisted that it
> couldn't send, so I tried sending again ...
> I am embarrassed and mad at Yahoo!
> Thanks, Hearthstone.

Aaaaand ... another multi-post !
This time only 3, but still ...

What is the exact error message?
Perhaps it's not saying that they "couldn't send" but rather
that they "haven't yet sent" (i.e. queued up for later delivery)?

Just sayin'.

That'd explain why they DID deliver them all...  And it's SOP for the
e-mail world, which is inherently/intentionally asynchronous:  there
are a great many "queue for later delivery" reasons, probably as many
as there are "return as undeliverable" reasons.
Best to take note of which is which... avoids all sorts of trouble...

--
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of
childishness and the desire to be very grown up."      -CS Lewis