[NBLUG/talk] Linux setup help

Dan HODUL dhodul at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:49:26 PDT 2013

I bought a new laptop, a Lenovo with Windows 8, which I find very frustrating to use.  I want to install a USB hard drive with Ubuntu, change the boot sequence in Windows so it will boot Linux on startup, but I'm worried about the winmodem.  I've been lurking on this site for years, studied Unix and am familiar with the basic concepts of Linux and own an  Asus Linux netbook, but I'm wondering how much support I can count on for this conversion and how easy it will be to get WiFi working....Thanks in advance for your help.