[NBLUG/talk] Linux setup help

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Wed Jun 19 15:51:08 PDT 2013

I don't really agree with that, but definitely agree that using an SSD
for your OS partitions will increase the overall speed of your system
(VM or not).

IMHO virtualization bottlenecks would most likely come from your CPU not
having the VT instruction set available (or turned on in the BIOS)
and/or lack of memory to run them...though if it's a Win8 laptop, I
would *hope* they would have a whole lot of ram ;)

What you *should* do is have Linux as your host OS and virtualize
Windows 8......dot dot dot

Cheers,
Jordan

On 06/19/2013 02:38 PM, Zack Gold wrote:
> If Ubuntu runs slow on your new laptop, it'll probably be caused by a
> bottleneck in hard drive resources. Another suggestion might be to buy
> a solid-state drive, since a virtual machine is going to be
> inconveniently slow if your laptop is running off a hard drive disk.

*snip*

--
Jordan Erickson (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)