[NBLUG/talk] a problem with audio noise

Mike Rice kf7vzz at gmail.com
Thu May 30 13:57:26 PDT 2013

Also try wrapping the supply line around a ferrite core. This should smooth some of it out.

C. Mike Rice

 From: Mitch Patenaude

Analog is much trickier and more finicky than digital electronics.

One problem is that you might be creating a ground loop by connecting the ground (common) both at the IO pins and audio in.  You might try removing the ground from one of those, or powering the amp some other way entirely (at least as a test.)

As Frank suggested, a cap on the power line may help with some of the ripple that may be coming through.  If you have an oscilloscope, you can check the power pin for ripple.

  -- Mitch

In my current computer project, I have a small audio amplifier