[NBLUG/talk] Which Linux distribution do you use and why?

Dan HODUL dhodul at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:57:43 PST 2013

Thanks, Mark, this looks do-able...

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:08:24 -0800
From: jet at sonic.net
To: talk at nblug.org
Subject: Re: [NBLUG/talk] Which Linux distribution do you use and why?

    On 11/17/2013 4:43 PM, Dan HODUL wrote:

      I had Ubuntu
          on my ASUS Eee netbook, and I couldn't figure out why it
          wasn't "shaking hands" with my wireless router.   I took it in
          to a friends' shop, and they put this horrible Android OS on
          it, which seems like my netbook now has a telephone OS....I
          have a portable disc burner/ drive, so I should be able to
          order a disc from Ubuntu,  wipe Android and re-install Ubuntu,
          right?

    Dan,

    Give this link a look.  USB key is key....  I did something like
    this when I installed Ubuntu on mine.  Any key drive version of
    Ubuntu will get you started.  Once installed you can work it from
    there..... remember you do have a wired NIC in the eeePC.

http://gobitech.blogspot.com/2011/06/install-ubuntu-1104-on-asus-eee-pc-701.html