[NBLUG/talk] Which Linux distribution do you use and why?

Junior cis101b at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 05:47:47 PST 2013

Hi Jet,

I had the same problem with my ASUS Eee PC 1005HAB while using Ubuntu 11.10
and I found that the wireless card drive was causing the same issue. You can
try to edit the connection manually by enabling the wireless options (HERE
<https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?60746-Unable-to-use-wirelles-n
etwork-in-Kubuntu-12-10&s=f82042d7035bfb6b39258e135a395c9c> ), change the
wireless card, or upgrade to a newer version of Ubuntu or Fedora which has
most of the configuration files pre-set. I currently, have Fedora 17 on it
and it is working fine. Again, I am not sure what ASUS Eee model you have so
be sure to try those recommendations first prior to do any major repair; in
addition, refer to the links down below for more additional troubleshooting.

Please let me know.

Reference:

Beardman. (2012, Oct 26). Unable to use wireless network in kubuntu 12.10.
Retrieved from
https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?60746-Unable-to-use-wirelles-ne
twork-in-Kubuntu-12-10
<https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?60746-Unable-to-use-wirelles-n
etwork-in-Kubuntu-12-10&s=f82042d7035bfb6b39258e135a395c9c>
&s=f82042d7035bfb6b39258e135a395c9c

Ubuntu Documentation (2013). Wifidocs/wirelesstroubleshootingguide.
Retrieved from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide

Ubuntu Documentation (2013). Wifidocs/wirelesstroubleshootingguide/devices.
Retrieved from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide/Devi
ces

Ubuntu Documentation (2013). Wifidocs/wirelesscardssupported. Retrieved from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported