[NBLUG/talk] Cheap laptop capable of running Linux

steve sjs at sonic.net
Sat Nov 23 17:14:48 PST 2013

From:http://lxle.net/articles/
     Upcoming LXLE Beta 1 now out for testing.

     Published on Nov 19, 2013

     This beta tries to polish up a few areas, lower memory
     usage and provide a more streamlined incarnation of its
     recent predecessor, in preparing for the 12.04.4 release.
     This is the first beta version of three scheduled before
     official release in late Jasnuary 2014.

I saw several people who were putting it on their old XP laptops which
says something.

I may put it on one of my boxes to play with but my only XP is going to
stay an XP and all the others already run linux quite nicely.

On 11/22/2013 12:54 AM, John R. Sowden wrote:
 > On a similar note, I am looking for a distro that will run my older
 > laptops (64MB, 128MB, 256MB).
 >
 > John

You could maybe post a question at http://lxle.net/contact/ or try it on
one of your older laptops and let us know.  One of the posts said it was
running great on his 1Gb XP laptop but I have some reservations about
how well it will run on 64 Mb.

(the other) Steve S.