[NBLUG/talk] Installation problem

Alan Bloom n1al at sonic.net
Sun Oct 6 23:31:26 PDT 2013

On 10/6/2013 10:59 PM, Michael Tucker wrote:
> Just a side note, are you able to connect to the internet at all in the
> live mode?

No, the Internet works under Windows but not under Ubuntu.

> When you start up I believe it will give you two options, to
> try ubuntu or to install it.

I chose to install it.  But I notice if I exit the install program I
have a live Ubuntu window so it must load it as well.  I get the error
window popping up that says I have no LAN connection.

> And another question I would have is are
> you using wlan0 or eth0?

I'm using a wired LAN connection.

So right now I am running the UNetbootin program again, but this time I
told it to load the distribution from the Internet instead of using the
.iso file I had already downloaded.  It looks like it will take another
hour or two.  There is no DSL or cable where I live so I get my Internet
via microwave link.  Download speed is supposed to be 3Mbps but it is
often less than that depending on loading.

Alan