[NBLUG/talk] Systems Engineer position at Artemis Internet, Inc.

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Wed Sep 4 09:05:27 PDT 2013

Hi NBLUG,

I'm happy to announce that we have a new job opening for a Systems Engineer
on my team at Artemis. The company has applied for the .secure TLD and my
team is building the infrastructure to support software that performs
enrollment and security scans of customers' domains. I'll paste the job
description below and if you have questions feel free to contact me
directly or otherwise you can apply at https://artemis.net/careers.

Systems Engineer
Artemis is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering
team. You love Linux systems administration, approach it with a modern
DevOps mindset, love challenges and learning new technologies, and have a
strong desire to participate in running high-traffic, high-security web
sites. You aren’t satisfied just installing software--you want to
understand how it works--and you are driven to build systems the right way
the first time. You are open-minded, flexible, keen on new challenges, and
you're a team player.

Responsibilities:
* Participate in managing the infrastructure that runs Artemis to help
  provide very high uptime and performance in a 24x7 environment
* Write Puppet rules to manage systems deployment and upgrade efforts of
  varying size and complexity
* Support the development team in a DevOps capacity
* Designing and building a wide variety of tools to help support the
  infrastructure
* Provide extensive failure and recovery analysis to create tools and
  documentation
* Will be working with cutting-edge security development projects intended to
  make the internet safer

Requirements:
* Strong Linux administration skills (Debian-based distributions a plus)
* Familiar with Linux security and hardening
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef
* Scripting and development skills in Bash and at least one of the following:
  Perl, Python, Ruby
* Experience with network engineering and good network troubleshooting skills
* Proven excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to handle fast paced, high-interrupt startup environment with ease
* Experience with virtual or cloud server infrastructure
* Love of clicky keyboards and black shirts a plus

--
Kyle Rankin
The North Bay Linux Users' Group
kyle at nblug.org