[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 12.04->14.04 upgrade gone awry

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Sat Aug 30 09:53:13 PDT 2014

I also have had less than a perfect experience with 14.4.

I upgraded 12.4 to 14.4 on a Lenovo ThinkPad X301
and did a fresh 14.4 install on a Lenovo T61p.

Both go to 'sleep' when I shut the lids.  When I open the lid,
the screen turns on but the machine is completely unresponsive
(to keyboard or mouse) and requires a reboot.
I often get pop up messages telling me there is a system problem
and am asked for admin permission to send a report but there is no
indication of just what the problem is or how to solve it.

In other respects, all seems to be working as it should.

Have others experienced this?

Alex K