[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 12.04->14.04 upgrade gone awry

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Sat Aug 30 10:06:32 PDT 2014

One of your problems seems to be a bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-default-settings/+bug/1303736

The popups sound suspiciously like something to do with the
sleep/suspend mechanism.  If you change the settings so it never goes to
sleep do the messages go away?

What do your logs say?  I'm not well versed with Ubuntu internals, so I
don't know which ones I'd look in.  In Redhat/Centos I'd look in
/var/log/messages