[NBLUG/talk] iMac question

Alan Bloom n1al at sonic.net
Sun Jul 27 22:35:29 PDT 2014

So I purchased a copy of Mac OS 9.2.2 and installed it on the iMac G3.
I also downloaded a copy of "Classilla" which is a Mozilla-based browser
currently being developed for the old iMacs.  It seems to work
reasonably well, at least better than the Internet Explorer v. 5.0 that
came with the OS 9.2.2 install disc!

Now I need to collect the rest of the pile of iMacs and do the same
thing to them.  Any idea what they're worth?

 >>> It is an early model G3 with the tray-loading CD drive.
 >>> It has a red case and machine speed of 333 MHz, which I think
 >>> makes it a revision "D".  It is running Mac OS 8.6 and has 96
 >>> Mbytes of RAM installed.  (I believe these units came with
 >>> 32 MB.)  The hard disc is 6 GB, so that has not been upgraded.

I have power cords, but buyers will have to add a USB keyboard and mouse.

At about 38 pounds each, I really don't want to ship them, so I'm
thinking Craig's list rather than Ebay.

On Ebay, similar G3s seem to go for anywhere from $40 to $160 plus
shipping ($35 to over $100).  On Craig's List I don't see many similar
G3s but the few I found were listed from "free" to $65.

Does $40 sound like a reasonable asking price?

Alan