[NBLUG/talk] Chromebooks in schools?

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:15:14 PDT 2014

Not quite a general Linux query, but...

Has anyone had experience bringing Chromebooks to a school?  The
latest generations seem to include reasonably-priced models that
aren't pure POS units...

My youngest's elementary-school uses Google's educational "walled
garden" and I'd expect the Chromebook to Play Well there.  The latest
ChromeOS is also supposed to have available (or about to, I'm not
sure) the kinds of parental controls needed for elementary-school
students.

I'm also curious if anyone knows of any grants/etc that could help
getting them in sufficient quantity that each student could have
one...

Any info/pointers/etc gratefully accepted!

- Steve S.

--
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of
childishness and the desire to be very grown up."      -CS Lewis