[NBLUG/talk] Game development course

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Fri Oct 17 09:00:44 PDT 2014

I'm teaching a javascript game programming course once a week for the
next few months at my son's middle school in Santa Rosa.  I want to
develop a class team project.  I was wondering if anybody had any
suggestions about how to organize it, considering the subject matter at
the recent meeting.

I'm thinking maybe "pair programming" for doing the actual work. There
are about 12 students, so maybe 6 pairs.  Game development is more than
programming, though.  A lot of it will be computer graphics, which can
also be done in pairs.

I'll have to chop the actual coding up into different modules, I guess.
It's something that I'll probably have to write myself before I have
them rewrite it.  I guess that will work well under any system, a
project that's finished before you start it, but something that
hopefully could be a good learning experience.

Any other suggestions?  Mob programming?  Scrum?

Thanks,

Omar