[NBLUG/talk] Recent PHP version on Centos 6.5

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Wed Sep 10 13:50:39 PDT 2014

On Centos 6.5 has anybody installed a more recent version of PHP than
the standard Centos 6.5 package?  I need 5.4 at least because Facebook's
sdk requires 5.4 or greater.  I'm in the process of switching over to
Ubuntu LTS from Centos, but that's not going to happen for a while.

I'm assuming that this will work, but probably not without problems.

|rpm-Uvh  http://mirror.webtatic.com/yum/el6/latest.rpm
yum remove php-common# Need to remove this, otherwise it conflicts
yum install php54w
php--version# Verify version has been upgraded|

Also V8JS later versions need 5.4 or greater.

http://pecl.php.net/package/v8js

Thanks,

Omar