[NBLUG/talk] SCO 6 / Unix5

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Feb 27 10:49:32 PST 2015

Yeah it was very much like that. The terminal weirdness was VERY
annoying though as I had to type everything exactly right or start over,
backup was not an option. I was logged in as root and there was no /root
it just dumped in / (and I ended up configuring .shh in /). There was an
/etc, but everything in there was a link to something like /opt. It did
have bash on it. My job was very simple to set up a ssh key so the
backup server could log in and backup everything (excpt for proc,
system, mnt and cdrom). Instead of sys it had system. What should have
been a ten minute job took hours (well two or so).