[NBLUG/talk] Blog about the Sony hack and the MS Windows registry

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Mon Jan 5 12:36:11 PST 2015

Thanks Sujit.  I'm working on a sort of configuration minder/store for
Linux (that I mentioned previously here) that hopefully I will be able
to open source within a few months.  I'm learning a lot for that, and
will probably run into the issues that you are bringing up.

The issue of obfuscation, either done purposely or not, is a problem for
security, I think.  When things are super complex, it gives lots of
opportunity to exploit the complexity.

Another very good example of that issue is Bitcoin, which very few
people understand, and some of the people who do have been able to
exploit the complexity.  Just my take.

Thanks,

Omar