[NBLUG/talk] Printers

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Wed Mar 4 15:47:08 PST 2015

PLEASE encourage your Mother to throw it out the window. It feels SO
GOOD. Profanity, if she's so inclined, acts as a cathartic too.
In my personal opinion those people at HP should be brought up on
charges for crimes against the environment for all the printers they've
sent to landfills. And thrift stores.

That having been said I have been delighted with my Brother DCP-7065
DCN. It is a laser printer and scanner, works flawlessly on linux when
plugged in. It can also be hooked up via ethernet to a wireless router
and act as a network printer, although to my experience it will not scan
in this configuration. I have it hooked up both ways simultaneously.

This model does not include fax capabilities. The next model up has fax
available for an additional $100 or so.

Here's the kicker: Watch the prices on Amazon. Use camelcamelcamel. I
purchased mine for either $70 or $99 I don't recall.

Oh- and the toner cartridges are available third party at ~$20 and print
up to 2500 sheets. Niiice.

Good luck. Tell Mom to look below before she throws. Wouldn't want to
hit the car. Or the cat. Or the UPS man.