[NBLUG/talk] asking for a bit of git ssh help

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Sun May 10 11:15:21 PDT 2015

I want to use the following git command:

git clone user at git.example.org:/opt/git/myproject.git

The problem is that git.example.org has its ssh pinhole open on
port 5122 rather than the standard ssh port of 22.

Where do I indicate that?

Thanks for any help.
Alex

ps Yes, I know that 'security by obscurity' often => derision:-)
Speaking of security by obscurity, I've heard some pundits
express the opinion that it's not a bad thing and in fact does
add a level of security but that it's only bad if it's used
instead of all the other standard mechanisms rather than in
addition to.  In my case, the server is behind the router
so the unconventional port is only for the benefit of the
router which then 'NAT's the packet to the server on the local
network and the server itself is using the conventional 22 ssh port.