[NBLUG/talk] yama: non-matching-uid symlink following attempted

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:20:47 PDT 2015

I'd presume, for a first stab, that "BrowserBlocking" is a
web-oriented service; quick googling suggests Chromium uses it.
"sticky world-writable directory" suggests a tmp directory, used by
said service.

If you are one of the UID's, and your symlinks are all to printers...
is it possible that someone else is trying to print from their
browser, and somehow trying to use your link?

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 2:31 PM,  <gandalf at sonic.net> wrote:
> BrowserBlocking does not appeare to be a user. There are 33 users logged on
> currently. Perhaps I could trace the fsuids?
>

> On 2015-09-02 14:24, Omar Eljumaily wrote:
>>
>> Can you look at the files that those users should have access to,
>> perhaps home directories, and see what's going on there?
>>
>> Does the message appear with different user ids or are they all only those
>> 2?
>>
>> Is BrowserBlocking the username?
>>

>> On 9/2/2015 12:26 PM, gandalf at sonic.net wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm wondering where the link is to be able to look at it. This warning
>>> message doesn't appear to have much help.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of
childishness and the desire to be very grown up."      -CS Lewis